Welcome to Lightness & Being, a blog devoted to improved health, artistic expression, and the healing power of beauty.

I am Gwendolyn Noles, a writer and thinker. May my words offer you a nice respite from your day and also give you an opportunity to think more provocatively.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Razor's Edge

The Yogis of India tell us that the decision to walk the spiritual path is a decision to walk the razor's edge. In the Bhagavad Gita, Krishna tells Arjuna that the instant you find your treasure, a thief will arrive to take it from you. I can tell you for certain that this is true because, at the moment I found God, a thief came to try to steal Him from me. I am proud to say, the thief has failed to do so thus far.

The moment I made my decision to renounce the past and all worldly desires, my life became filled with nothing but sorrow. I say this, not with a frown, but with a smile. Why, you ask? For the simple reason that it tells me I am on the right path. If I were not, then I would not be experiencing such profound suffering.

The wise Saint Anandamayi Ma said with the greatest insight that God heals suffering with suffering. He places us in the path of sorrow so that we can be purified by it. Ma also tells us that we must accept what is and not fight against it.

I am living now a life in which sorrow is the cup I drink from in the morning, at noon, and at night. Yet, I have attained equilibrium and enough resolve to accept my fate. It is just a life, nothing more, nothing less. And this earthly life will end. I have every faith that the life that follows this one will take me to eternal bliss.

My advice, to anyone who wants it, is to accept whatever your fate may be. Learn from it, suffer with it if need be, but never fall, and never doubt the intrinsic wisdom of your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment