Welcome to Lightness & Being, a blog devoted to improved health, artistic expression, and the healing power of beauty.

I am Gwendolyn Noles, a writer and thinker. May my words offer you a nice respite from your day and also give you an opportunity to think more provocatively.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Speaking & Knowing

“Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know.”
Lao Tzu, Tao The Ching
 
If I speak or write, I begin to believe, as Lao Tzu, that I do not know [the Tao]. Therefore, please forgive me for writing without truly knowing anything. Despite the fact that I know little or nothing of truth or Tao or divinity, even if I have worked on learning for a long, long time, I will say that in silence, I am closer to the divine than when speaking or writing. Nevertheless, I will temporarily break my silence to say: Life is better when words are confined to the page and are not constantly on the lips.
 
It has become evident to me that silence in its truest form is beautiful and contains the all in the all and the love that is eternal. Go into silence and you will know that the truest form of bliss resides there. It is not external. It is within.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment